Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization and Search Friendly Websites
In the last two years Search Optimization and SEO techniques in general have changed radically. Let’s be clear. If your website does not rank well on Google, your competitive position in your marketplace is at risk.
Search engines have effectively replaced the phone book (Yellowpages, or your local Whitepages) as the method for finding local businesses to service customer needs. You simply cannot ignore this fact. You NEED a website that is Search Engine Optimized to move up on the Search results page.
What started as a set of ‘technical’ details and keyword implementations has transformed into a set of over 200 signals that act as guidelines and best practices used to ensure the best possible ranking for any given site. The technical details are indeed still a significant part of the Search Engine Optimization routine, but these details now form a foundation upon which businesses and site owners need to build the real ‘rank’ building factors.
Modern SEO is so much more than these ‘best-practices’.
The Search Engine of 2015 acts as a user advocate, looking for quality over quantity. A great user experience is worth more than most website owners realize, and the technical implementation merely ensures that the search engine will take your site seriously.
Today’s web site owner needs to understand their visitors in a whole new way.
- Are you providing your expertise, does your content exhibit authority, and are you trustworthy?
- Most importantly, are you doing it with language and content that is geared to the person looking for it, and giving them compelling reasons to engage with you further?
Microtek has years of experience providing the technical foundation for Search Engine success. We can provide site audits to ensure you’re technically sound, and work with you to build content that relates to the visitors you are actively trying to attract.
Simply put, if you do not employ strategic design and intentional web marketing tactics, then your website will suffer low ranking. And there is nothing more frustrating than a leading business in any given sector watching a smaller, lesser competitor slowly absorb the market share just because they appear on page one, while you appear on page two in the search engine rankings.
If you are concerned about your search results, talk to us today about Search Optimization!
How Can Microtek Help your SEO?
To be honest, it’s complicated. There are hundreds of factors to consider, and every piece can make a difference. The process is tedious and methodical, but the work you invest into understanding how your customers are trying to find you online, and creating content that speaks to them in their language will make all the difference.
Some of the services we offer:
- Site Audits: Help to ensure your website is technically sound by performing analysis on site performance (speed, size, and code quality) and we’ll provide recommendations on how to improve.
- Keyword Research: Conduct extensive keyword analysis and research to learn about your potential visitors and their online behaviors. You need to understand how they are searching for the products, services, and expertise that you (and your competitors) provide.
- Integrating Keyword Research into the most important, Google-friendly elements of your website (titles, keywords, descriptions, content, links, etc).
- Online Marketing Initiatives: Without significant and clever offline marketing to drive traffic to a website, search engines typically represent the largest driver of traffic. As much as 75% of traffic can be driven to commercial and business properties through search optimization for Organic Search and PPC advertising.
Does your site need help building search traffic?
Organic Search Traffic
Organic traffic is web traffic driven exclusively through the ‘SERP’ or Search Engine Results Page. Of this traffic, search results from search engines are matched to pages on your site through keywords and optimized content. When searchers enter a particular keyword, or phrase those keywords are matched to stored references in the search system, and your page (if a match) is spit out as a result. The better the client matches your page content in terms of ‘intent’ the higher you’ll rank on the results page.
With a complete set of appropriate keywords, Microtek will amend the content on the website in search engine relevant locations to best represent those keywords to the search algorithms used by major search systems (including Google, and Bing.) Over time, and as traffic builds and clicks on your site, your page rank will increase, and you’ll factor higher on SERPs.
SEM / Pay per Click
With a solid foundation in Organic Search, site owners can also utilize the Google Search system to drive traffic to pages, promotions, or time sensitive content through Pay per Click advertising.
The AdWords platform allows site owners to target ads to well defined search demographics and drive customers to specific content pages on a website through discrete search terms. Ideal for building traffic for special events, or sales promotions, and you only pay for the visits to your site through clicks on ads that appear in search results.